In 1999, NWT Enterprises was started with a vision of a complete supply chain company
providing first class service for retailers and brand builders of any item anywhere
in the world. Seventeen years later, the company has grown into a multi-million-dollar
full service distributor, importing thousands of SKUs from Asia, Europe, North and
South America. While mainly servicing the local market of Trinidad and Tobago, NWT
has also managed to expand its services to other Caribbean islands. Staff has grown
to more than 80 personnel with a viable vehicular fleet.
A team of specialists focus on each customer segment to professionally manage the
entire supply chain. Major categories of the business include general department
store merchandise, consumer and fast food packaging, cooperate promotional gifts,
stationery products and construction supplies. The team works on every function
from product design and development, raw material, packaging and factory sourcing,
production planning and management, quality assurance and export documentation,
to shipping control from manufacturers in many different parts of the world.
In 2009, NWT Enterprises went further to expand its distribution business into the
food and beverage segment seeing an opportunity in the beer market and a niche that
it could successfully develop. NWT became the sole distributor/ agent for Coors
Light in Trinidad & Tobago and launched the brand successfully in 2010 creating
such a stir that the major local competitor immediately launched its own brand of
Light beer. Since then the company also represents Seagram's, Duvel, Maredsous, La Chouffe,
Magic Hat and Blue Moon brands of beer in addition to Moussy Malts and Saratoga Spring Water.
Today, NWT Enterprises is the largest distributor of general merchandise nationwide.
Growing at an annual rate of over 40% for the past decade has prompted investment
into a new 100,000 square feet of warehouse/office space distribution center in
The company focuses on three Markets:
1. Local Distribution - importing, stocking, delivering and marketing goods and
services throughout Trinidad and Tobago.
2. Drop Shipment – supplying General Merchandise to Caribbean islands from LCL to
3. Specialty Sourcing – Supplying promotional items/materials to major multinationals,
local promotional companies, or any person(s) requiring large economies.
Vision Statement: NWT’s vision is to be the premier distribution company for its
customers and vendors. A highly effective, lean and fast-moving organization providing
access to the world’s best-selling consumer goods that anticipate and satisfy people’s
needs and desires.
Mission Statement: NWT is in the distribution business focused on key industries
– retail, food & beverage, promotional and construction. Our goal is to provide our
customers with a competitive advantage through superior levels of service, the broadest
selection of quality products and the most competitive prices.
Competitive Advantages of NWT Enterprises Ltd.
• Family owned business -> Will to Win
• Financial Strength -> Ability to invest in Growth
• Established Distribution Structure -> Established Relationships
• Expertise in Sourcing worldwide -> Cost Advantage
• Flexibility -> Products can be standard or custom ordered
• Convenience -> Ordering process easy/high tech.
• 24-hour delivery cycle
Our Ten Core Values:
1. Service excellence – Strive to be the best. Exceed expectations.
2. Alignment and account-ability – Take owner-ship. Persevere.
3. Integrity – Do the right thing. Be ethical and respectful.
4. Open communication – Open, honest and timely at all levels.
5. Passion for results – Strive for a visible, measurable and balanced benefit in
all that we do.
6. Innovation – Envision new and creative solutions.
7. Adaptability – Embrace change.
8. Teamwork – Best solutions come from working together internally and externally.
9. Continuous Learning – Continuously developing and deepening our knowledge of
our business and skills of everyone within it.
10. Leadership – Leading with clients and with people. Defined by seizing initiative,
welcoming responsibility, being trustworthy and honourable and having a vision that
inspires and motivates others.